Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I have two new fiber blends back from the carder. In my last blog I posted pictures of one of these blends as I worked on it. I am calling this one Kaleidoscope with all its amazing bits of color.  I have been busy spinning up samples of these two blend. Both are created from beautiful Blueface fleeces  from my sheep and a few from other Iowa  Bluefaces.  The red blend  has a bit of star fire in to add just that hint of sparkle.  I am still working on a name for the red one.
 Spring is here and it is time for spring fiber shows. The Iowa Spin in will be held on April 25th at the Kirkwood Training and Outreach Services Center in Marion Iowa. The doors open at 9 and this spin in  has some fun mini classes set up for a fun day. Everything from Beginning Spinning to Combing Fleece. It looks like lots of great vendors and fiber will be there for  folks to stock up on. 
 The next show after this one will be Shepherds Market held on My 9th at the Amana Woolen Mills. I hope  to see many of you at one or both of these spring shows.
I will be shearing the flock in the next  week or so, and can't wait to get my hands on these wonderful fleeces.       

No comments:

Post a Comment