Saturday, August 15, 2015

August Heat is Here

Temps promise to be dangerously high again today. Day of the hot weather take a tole on all the animals. All the critters here at the farm have fans running on them. The quail and rabbits have ice packs are in their space to lay on and help get them through the  nasty heat wave. At morning chores today there were signs of coons snooping around last night. Digging in the compost and water tubs spilled all pointed to visiting coons. Once agin I am so thankful to have Ruby the best guard dog in the world on patrol every night here at the farm. 
        The baby bunnies are growing so fast it is shocking.  I swear they double in a weeks time. I spent last sunday "baby proofing" part of the outside run. They are all having a great time playing outside in the cool of the day.  Hazel (the brown bunny in this shot) and Bluebell one of the white ones in the batch will  be staying here at the farm to help me produce some great angora fiber.  So many spinners have ask about buying baby bunnies and Violet has been such a great mom that I am planning on breeding her again  in a few months.  I found a male french angora who is a tortoise shell. This is the color of our wild rabbits, and color I would love to add to my bunny fiber .  I am planning to divide the bunny house so thatViolet will have her own room and outside run when she is ready to birth her next litter. Time to sign off and go open the store.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment