Wednesday, July 22, 2015

       There are still a couple of spots left in the July 19th dye class. I have Birch bark and walnut simmering for the class.   Indigo, and weld are looking great and the dyers coreopsis is  beginning to bloom just in time. I will harvest and dry these stunning little flowers this week, and we can pick on Sunday for a beautiful peachy red.
          As many of you know I have been down sizing my flock of sheep to lighten my work load. As I  look down the road to a life without sheep I know I will need  fiber animals in  my day to day life. With this in mind I had my angora rabbit Violet  breed by a beautiful white fresh bunny a bit over a month ago. On wednesday she gave birth to  8 babe bunnies! I am leaving them alone but have peeked into the nest box to see what is happening.  Violet has turned out to be a great mom all 8 seem to be doing well at 48 hours. Here is a pic of the new fiber  animals at the farm.
In a few weeks these little sweeties will need to  be held so they are used to being handled and make good lap spinning bunnies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment