Tuesday, August 27, 2013

         It is Dangerously hot out today and I am inside for a few hours. Pete the angora bunny is happy inside with the AC on. The goats and sheep are hiding in the woods, thank god we do have a bit of a breeze. I have two new additions to the fiber flock here at the farm. Sage is the white guy and Cheyenne is the dark brown guy.They are adjusting well and settling in very well.I have both of their fleeces in the studio and plan to put them in blend in the near future. The whole flock is once again spending their saturdays in the pasture behind the store so  anyone stoping by on Saturdays  can meet the flock.
               I have been getting up early to do the outside work and spending the heat of the day inside.I spent the last week dyeing fiber for the two new fiber blends ready to go to the carder.
         This past weekend was the annual natural dye retreat here at the farm. We had a great weekend creating over well over 100  dye samples, plus some amazing eco steam prints.
Greg brought  several of his hand spun skeins and they dyed up beautifully. I can't wait to see the socks he plans to knit with them. This shot shows a couple of Greg's skein and a few eco prints. This next shot shows the cloths line hung with a table cloth I am custom dyeing for a friend and shirts I had mordanted ahead of the retreat. The shirt line up is Goldenrod with onion skin eco prints, dyers coreopsis, red onion skin, and red onion skin with an indigo dip.
I have a steamer filled with project bags and dye pots simmering so I am signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment